Re: Twittering on planet.d.o?

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:56:49 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> >> Luk: what do you think yourself?
> > I think having a very limited amount of tweets from people that do not
> > write long blog posts is ok, though if it's not appreciated I'll remove
> > my feed.
> Short blog posts are ok, but one-sentence "status" things like identi.ca
> has, quite often with the same title and content are *IMO* pretty
> annoying.

I agree.
Although I like to read those tweets from fellow Debian guys, I think
that Planet is the wrong place for them.

> If someone thinks such a thing would be good to have on (or below)
> planet.d.o, an aggregrator for such extra feeds could be made. But I'm
> not sure that buys us anything, as those people can use those Debian
> groups on those other platforms?

I think it would be nice to have because
- the !debian group on identi.ca is IMO pretty useless since
  everybody who turns on their computer and knows how to spell
  d-e-b-i-a-n seems to !need !to !tell !the !world !about !it
  </rant>
  (for reference: http://identi.ca/group/debian)
- we could make the new feed especially for _contributors_, like
  Planet

pluto sounds like a nice name :)

Cheers,
gregor