Re: Twittering on planet.d.o?

>> It appears that today either Luk himself or someone else added a "Status"
>> feed to planet.d.o with one-liner info messages about what Luk's up to.
> I did that.

Please not. Planet is not twitter/identi.ca/whateveronelinemessageservice. :)

>> Luk: what do you think yourself?
> I think having a very limited amount of tweets from people that do not
> write long blog posts is ok, though if it's not appreciated I'll remove
> my feed.

Short blog posts are ok, but one-sentence "status" things like identi.ca
has, quite often with the same title and content are *IMO* pretty
annoying. While it's easy ignorable if only one does this, we do have
more than one feed on planet, and if everyone would do that, or only
half of them - uh no, planet would be pretty unreadable.

If someone thinks such a thing would be good to have on (or below)
planet.d.o, an aggregrator for such extra feeds could be made. But I'm
not sure that buys us anything, as those people can use those Debian
groups on those other platforms?

--
bye, Joerg
Some NM: