Closed lists as maintainers

I hope we can agree that maintainers should be able to receive mail from
any legitimate sender.

However, some maintainer addresses point to mailing lists that
automatically reject mail from non-subscribers (without the intervention
of a moderator).  The case I am painfully aware of is
grub-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, listed as the maintainer for grub
and grub2.

I believe this configuration is unacceptable, but would like to check
that there is a consensus on this before pressing the matter with the
GRUB maintainers.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.