Re: DEP5: “ugliness” and Format field.

Le Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:25:29PM +0100, Carsten Hey a écrit :

> "Format-Specification:" is needlessly long, "Format:" would be
> sufficient.

Dear Carsten,

I suppose your suggestion echoes the previous discussion about “ugliness” of
the proposal, which took place on the wiki before it became DEP-5

http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat/Archive#Ugliness

I also support simplification of the field names. I actually already use
Format instead of Format-Specification for the packages I maintain.

For the contents of the Format field, I think that more than allowing forks,
the main motivation of using URIs is to let the readers of the Debian copyright
file find the specification easily.

After the DEP is accepted, it can be moved to a more stable location, something
like http://www.debian.org/doc/machine-readable-copyright/1.0 for instance.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy