Re: let's add news.debian.net to planet.d.o (!?)

On Monday 07 December 2009, Michael Goetze wrote:
> IANADD, and don't generally have time to keep up with the d-d mailing
> list, so I would just like to say that for me personally it would be a
> great improvement to the Planet if this Feed were added. It sometimes
> seems rather hard to keep up with all the interesting things going on in
> Debian without getting bogged down in details...

That is also possible without the feed being added to planet.d.o: just
subscribe to the feed separately in your RSS reader [1]...

Your argument ("cannot keep up with lists") is not the correct one to
include it.

Aggregators should remain true to their stated purpose and not become
random collections of interesting feeds. If too many feeds (or to many
posts) get included that don't match the stated purpose of an aggregator
you also run the risk of pushing some users away.

I'd personally prefer to keep news feeds separate from planet (although I'm
not 100% opposed to including news.d.n as long as it's relatively low
volume).

Cheers,
FJP

[1] As I do myself.