Re: let's add news.debian.net to planet.d.o (!?)

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 10:12:49AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> IIRC something similar has been discussed previously, when the
> RSS-Feed of the Debian Weekly News was added to planet.  I wasn't
> involved back then and would need to search through the archives,
> but since it isn't present any longer, the outcome of the discussion
> is clear.

I think the case of the DWN was different because it resulted in very
long long posts agregated to planet. This was not a surprised because
there were written in a bulletin format and not blog format. The resulting
posts in planet were somehow strange and felt out of place because of this.

Also, they had their own distribution channel already:
via website http://www.debian.org/News/
via mail http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/
both channel previous to the existence of planet, so maybe people felt planet
was for something different.

Ana