Re: squeeze release cycle?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:35:45AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Luk proposed a new freeze date of march 2010:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/10/msg00002.html
>
> But indeed it's only a proposal at this point. The release team needs
> to set a date in stone now.

Does it?  Re-reading the mail above I surely agree that it is a freeze
"proposal", but the way I personally assimilated it is something like
"freeze is in March", with the always standing obvious corollary of "but
of course it would be pointless to freeze with 1000 RC bugs".

Sure, if most DDs have just took that mail as a proposal that they can
safely ignore, the release team should probably be more precise, but I
doubt the substance will be anything else than what we have now. (I also
duly notice that the release team has been heavily flamed just after DC9
for not having stated explicitly the word "proposal", so they might have
been tempted to write "proposal" now to avoid flaming ... We're all
humans.)

Cheers.