Re: IPv6 troubleshooting help needed

Hello,
That is it! Thanks a lot!
I disabled the dns relay function at the Dlink DSL-2640T and now my home Debian
machine can update using security.debian.org and volatile.debian.org that
changed to ipv6 addresses some days ago.
I will submit a bug report to Dlink site.

But what still really worries me is how to exactly track, prove and demonstrate,
that the problem at company is some kind of error at dns caching.
As a country wide, servicing multiple agencies, I guess it is using some high
end network hardware and some kind of software and security infrastructure.
I *must* have 100% demonstrable, 100% sure, log and or report to submit a ticket
to their net/security teams.
What commands could prove and register the dns caching problem at their network?
Also, it have layers of ips, ids, routers, swithches, firewalls, etc, and
something in that setup could also be causing the problem.
Suggestions?
Regards.
Andre Felipe

Luca Bruno  wrote ..