Re: IPv6 troubleshooting help needed

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 12:28:41PM -0200, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
> The new commands outputs are below.
> Should I open a bug report to pseudo-package "security.debian.org" to track this
> issue

security.debian.org is the way to reach security team, while such issues
is in DSA's scope.

> instead of using this list?

We may track this using 'mirrors' pseudopackage, or RT in DSA queue
since such issues are not specific to mirrors but affect the whole
Debian infrastructure.

> andremachado@debian:~$ mtr -6 -n --report --report-cycles 2 volatile.debian.org
> HOST: debian                      Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
> andremachado@debian:~$ mtr -6 -n --report --report-cycles 2 security.debian.org
> HOST: debian                      Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev

If the issues you meet are really v6 specific, then ensure your system
is configured for v6.
IPv4 traceroute is not very usefull to debug routing issues in v6.
Or the problem you meet applies to v4 as well ?

--
Simon Paillard