Re: Distributing software written by hostile upstream developers

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 06:42:15PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>On Thu Sep 10 12:53, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Well, what happens if somebody wants to maintain software where there
>> is a strong set of opinion that we don't want it? In this case, I'd
>> like to delegate the power to the ftpmasters to say so and reject from
>> NEW etc. If we have a clear consensus that that would be OK then fine;
>> otherwise I'd like to run this through the GR process to make sure the
>> project as a whole agrees.
>
>Isn't that a TC job? overruling developers?

On technical issues, definitely. On issues that are not 100%
technical?

In case it's not clear, I'm not sure about where this should fit in,
and I think that discussion of the options and people's opinions would
be good.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.