Re: Debian money

> The main target of Debian Project is to produce the free and most
> reliable linux distribution in the world.

Debian it's our 'product' and we are (very) proud of it.
And we also believe it's good to share it.

--> media to share it: Debian releases are media images full of free software.
It's what we release. Why not give away/have it available on physical media
(not everyone have internet access everywhere), printed manuals,
merchandising...

--> gatherings of people with a common interest - debian: local/national
meetings organization support so users/contributors could organize
themselves/attend/get together. Good things can happen when people with common
interests get together with a purpose.

	As an example, myself and other folks we organize an yearly national meeting
[1] about Debian. The end result it's very interesting (from talks about
implementation done in schools, to l10n discussion, to free software use) and
every year we, and i believe others, face some obvious problems:

	- get money to organize an event with quality.
	Work to make it happen it's free but some things cost money.
	- merchandising (people ask/want tshirts, CDs/DVDs for offline and live use)
	Installation/Live CDs with some nice artwork cost creativity and money.

	I know that there are similar gatherings in other countries. A little help
would not hurt.

--> Nice Debian booths in selected events

--> Spread the word: people could benefit from using Debian releases and it's
free software. We have a great distribution. Why not tell the world about it?

--> 'DebianSummerOfCode'-like project

--> And of course, if there is enough hardware given by people/companies who
think Debian can benefit from it money can be applied elsewhere.

1 - http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=pt-
PT&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdebiandaypt.debianpt.org&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=

My 2 eurocents,

Miguel