Re: Debian money

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:
> On 2009-09-09, Steve McIntyre <leader@debian.org> wrote:

>>    c marketing to new developers: posters to put up at universities?
>>      T-shirts or other gifts for new people working on bug-fixes,
>>      translations etc.? Could be useful, but again expensive.
>>      Thoughts?

> I have sometimes felt like I wanted to show some kind of appreciation of
> some people doing more than I expect from them. Currently, the only
> "token of appreciation" I have is to thank them on my blog.

I think it would be kind of cool to send people a t-shirt from time to
time for doing something neat, but I'm a bit worried that it might turn
into a big argument over who "deserves" one, which would make me horribly
depressed and annoyed.  It might be better to keep this to individual
actions to avoid the morale-destroying fights over who should be rewarded
by the project as a whole.