Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

Le mercredi 19 août 2009 à 08:33 -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 19 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > You can’t de-humanize a discussion to the point of considering what has
> > been written without considering who wrote it.
>
>         Sure. You might think the other guy is an asshole. You do not
>  have to interject that into the discussion. Isn't that what this
>  discussion is about?

If you think the other guy is an asshole, it will appear in the
discussion, whether you say it explicitly or not. It is hypocritical to
reject any kind of personal opinions while still letting them influence
the discussion at other levels, often in a much more obnoxious way.

If you don’t want people’s opinions on others to interfere, you should
discuss on a purely anonymous forum, not on a mailing list.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :