Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

Le mercredi 19 août 2009 à 13:53 +0200, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> Another speciality of that that seems to have gained momentum in the
> last time (or perhaps I just cannot bear it as much as before), is
> people invoking "bikeshadding".
> Saying "I think this part makes no difference and there are more
> important parts to consider and thus stop this dicussion" is a valid
> thing (so if you mean that, why not say that instead).
> But trying to escape a discussion by ridiculing people involved in
> a way hard to contradict (One gives no facts[1] when one just call
> something "bikeshadding", so one cannot be contradicted) makes me
> only wish someone had the power to ban the one pulling the thread
> off-topic by such behaviour.

Bullshit. Just because someone found a word for a kind of disruptive
behavior doesn’t mean this behavior didn’t exist before.

The problem is not people invoking bikeshedding. The problem in itself
is bikeshedding. And it’s far from a new problem.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :