Re: Opera in your repos

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> ]] Matthew Johnson
>
> | We would need a licence which allowed it to be redistributed by Debian
> | and used by all of our users. The reference for this is Debian Policy
> | 2.2.3 and 2.3:
>
> We need the redistribution bit, I don't think we need it to be allowed
> to be used by all users.  Non-commercial is fine in non-free, or at
> least was, last time I checked.

I wouldn't be surprised if our requirements have increased even in that
regard in recent years.

At least nowadays I mostly expect stuff that has weird licenses about
modification and following redistribution in non-free.  I hardly expect
stuff that one is not even allowed to use.  But maybe that's just me. :)

Cheers,