Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Does that mean you don't think Ubuntu developers contribute fixes
> > back to Debian today?

As security, contributing fixes back to Debian is not a product nor
a state, it's a process.  We should all be interested in optimizing this
process further.

http://patches.ubuntu.com/ indeed makes the packages easier to merge but
it is not as powerful as our patch tracking system [1].  One possible
step to improve the situation could be a similar service provided by
Ubuntu based on the work which already has been done by Sean Finney.
The source code is available in a public repository and it is GPL2

After such a service would have been implemented one could think about
things like adding a special tag to patch headers to recommend these
patches to be merged by Debian.  It could also be useful to be able to
specify how strong such a recommendation is.

Is there already a (wiki) page which describes how a Debian maintainer
can track his packages in Ubuntu or how to handle Ubuntu originated
bugs?  If this is the case it should be promoted better, e.g. in Misc
Developer News.

 [1] http://patch-tracking.debian.net/