Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 06:32:03PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> [090729 18:22]:
> > Please, everybody, stop this kind of "you evil DebConf attendees have
> > decided for us all" arguments. The "time-based freeze" has been
> > announced/proposed during a talk at DebConf; it was fresh news for the
> > attendees as it was fresh news for everybody else receiving it via
> > -announce a few hours later.
>
> Well, it was not totally fresh news. After all there was already
> http://derstandard.at/1246541995003/Interview-Shuttleworth-about-GNOME-30---Whats-good-whats-missing-what-needs-work
> (which was linked from slashdot and other sides).

Call me paranoid, but this looks to me like Ubuntu's cash source knew
more about our release team's innards than Debian itself. This is
wildly disturbing.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190