Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> writes:

> I find it deeply disturbing that DDs not attending Debconf learn about
> this decision via debian-announce. I would have expected at the very
> least to announce, if not discuss, on a developer list before.

Ditto. Conferences are a great way to get a bunch of people together and
kick ideas around, but they are *not* the Annual General Meeting of the
project.

Issues this sweeping should only be decided via clear, open discussion
using the established communication channels wfor the project. A
conference that only a fraction of Debian members can attend is not such
a channel.

--
 \                          “Nature abhors a moron.” —Henry L. Mencken |
Ben Finney