Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 01:36:16PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>>> count me in.
>
>> me too. Obviously we need to force the release team to talk with the
>> important teams in Debian. If i'd have to come up with a GR it would
>> probably sound like "While we appreciate the plan of fixed freeze cycles,
>> the plan to start them in December 2009 is not acceptable for the project.
>> We ask the release team to talk with all important teams (kernel, d-i,
>> kde, gnome, ftp-master, dsa,....) to find an appropriate date."
>
> Would *you* intend to talk to all of these teams, before starting a GR
> declaring that the proposed timeline is not acceptable to them?

Where did I say that the timeline is not acceptable for the teams?I said the
timeline is not acceptable at all. And you should talk to the teams to find a
proper date.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79