Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 02:04:34AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> > Something is definitely wrong here, IMHO.

> Maybe it's your assumption or assertion that the only point of NEW is
> checking the copyright file.

He's right that binary NEW is not the right time to be applying unrelated
sourceful checks to packages.  If ftpmaster feels the need to spot-check
packages, that's fine, but that shouldn't be coupled to package renames
where the purpose of NEW is to keep control of the package namespace and set
the archive overrides.