Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 23/06/09 at 16:18 +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
NM process:

 - the NM process could be reduced to 5 to 10 questions choosen by the
AM amongst the 50+ questions currently in the NM templates,

This *might* work if we solve what in my opinion is the main problem here: DDs advocating too early. Actually, if the applicants are ready, they will have few problems with their processes in the current format (it is normal do not know a few questions, nobody knows everything) and it will be result in a reduced exchange of emails: less time for AM, FD and DAM.

And we already have DM to avoid the frustration to not being able to upload
trivial packaging changes. Now DM has been here for some time, we might consider improve it, but that is
another issues.

I've been advocating people "too early" (i.e, I've advocated people so
that they could start NM, while in the meantime, I wouldn't have
advocated them for DM). The reason is that the "unassigned applicants"
list is huge, so, when considering whether you should advocate someone
or not, you basically have to wonder whether the person will behave well
when he gets an AM in 6 months.

It all depends on the meaning of the advocacy. Does it mean "I believe
that X is ready to be a DD now" (which would be stupid, since X will
wait at least a year before becoming a DD) or "I believe that X is ready
to start the NM process".

Is this not the main reason it keeps happening: everyone thinks they should advocate early while that makes the process long for everyone?

I always understood advocating as I'm confident that X will be a good DD (both socially as well as technically).

Cheers

Luk