Re: Genericly-named debian.net domains for private use (was Re: Point to semi-official backported packages?)

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Paul Wise wrote:

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNetDomains
>
> Nico Golde used to autogenerate a list of debian.net domains, but it
> was replaced with the wiki page for "privacy reasons".

The list of .net entries is not publicly available - the ldap only gives
it out to debian.org hosts, and the zone should not be AXFR-able either.

So some folks might have expected their entries to be private.

At any rate, dumping privileged ldap information and making it publicly
available is not acceptable.

If we decide this information should be public, then that's a different
thing.  But it should then be reflected in the slapd ACLs, and people
should be informed about the change.