Genericly-named debian.net domains for private use (was Re: Point to semi-official backported packages?)

* Paul Wise [Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:35:44 +0900]:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:
> > (And yes, I know about backports.d.n; maybe I'll get 'round to submitting
> > or maintaining stuff there at some point, but for the present it is
> > a bit easier for me to keep it all in a single repo :)

> I think you mean backports.org, backports.debian.net is not what you
> think it is. Despite its name, backports.d.n is a personal backports
> archive for Daniel Bauman.

I really don’t get why it’s appropriate for a developer to use such
generic names for their personal stuff. git.debian.net seems to be
Daniel’s too.

Wouldn’t it be just better to point those domains to the respective
project-wide efforts? I’d appreciate opinions on the matter.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.