Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl dijo [Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:15:23AM +0100]:
> (...)
> <!-- p>Using a now fully integrated installation process, Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
> comes with out-of-the-box support for encrypted partitions.  This
> release introduces a newly developed graphical front end to the
> installation system supporting scripts using composed characters and
> complex languages; the installation system for Debian GNU/Linux has now
> been translated to 58 languages.</p -->

Umh... This paragraph seems to clump together very disparate
concepts. Yes, they are installer-related - Maybe it should be
rephrased +- this way:

    The installer for Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 has received a major
    overhaul. Among other features, it comes with out-of-the-box
    support for encrypted partitions. This release introduces (...)

That will make it a bit clearer, IMHO.

Now, Etch already included the out-of-the-box encryption support - I
wrote an article on February 2007 specifically talking about this
feature. I agree with announcing the graphical interface here, as it
was hidden by default, but AFAIK the crypto part was already there (of
course, exciting new developments in it might exist and warrant this)

Looking at the many points (I am writing as I am reading), maybe this
first comment I made would be better served by adding sections
(i.e. "Installation", "Desktop", "Laptops", "Hardware support")
instead of rewording paragraphs as I just suggested..?

Thank you  - as always, your work is much appreciated. And I fail to
see the strong en_DE accent that used to characterize your texts :)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23