Re: Fw: Debian and non-free

I was frightened by your message until I realized that it was not your
message but one of Sven… please don't forward messages that you don't
endorse (in particular when it contains wrong claims).

> debian-multimedia.org is not maintained by debian, it is for patent
> encumbered stuff, liable of a lawsuite or something such. It was done by
> an ex-DD who left debian in discontent.

That's simply wrong. Christian Marillat is still DD:

$ finger marillat@db.debian.org
[db.debian.org]
uid=marillat,ou=users,dc=debian,dc=org
First name: Christian
Last name: Marillat
Email: Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>
Fingerprint: 1D7F C53F 80F8 52C1 88F4 ED0B 07DC 563D 1F41 B907
Key block: finger marillat/key@db.debian.org

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog