Re: DEP1: how to do an NMU

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 01:29:23PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > ... and IME they usually *are* for active teams, so I'm not sure I can
> > buy your argument. I rather conclude that active teams won't risk
> > anything with the procedure which is being proposed, while not active
> > teams will see NMUs, as they should.
> That's probably true for RC bugs, but I can't swear all bugs with a
> patch in my packages have a maintainer comment.  This DEP wants to
> extend NMUs to all bug severities.

Yes, and I think it is a good idea as long the NMUs is in DELAYED and
the maintainer gets pinged upon the first DELAYED upload.

I have bugs in packages of mine which are missing a comment from me in
the bug log too, but this is a fault of mine. If other people are on the
hype of fixing that bugs, then they should fix it. If only upon the ping
receipt I realize that I should have commented in advance on the bug
log, well, I still have the time to fix the mess that *I*, as the silent
package maintainer, have contributed in producing.

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/