Re: [ANN] Debian-Grandfathers project

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 05:02:00PM +0700, Robert Hilliard wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm proud to announce a new born flavour of the Custom Debian Distributions
>> effort: Debian-Grandfathers.  In analogy to the Debian-Junior project that
>> has the goal to adopt Debian for the needs of childrean we are now heading
>> into the other direction.  Debian-Grandfathers is heading at users with the
>> following features:
>>
>>  - at least 40 years old
>>  - at least one grown up child to be a "potential grandfather"
>>  - forget your password once a month
>>  - pass the new grandfather queue
>>
>> Technically we try to implement the following changes:
>>
>>  - slow down the mouse in X
>>  - xmag is per default activated
>>  - reduce number of windows on screen to one
>>  - if sound enabled than maximum volume
>
>I am 81 years old, and have one grandchild.
>
>I find your post highly offensive.

Please don't be offended! This is an April Fools message. :)

More seriously, Andreas had this idea long time ago. Some DDs
already know about his DG Custom Debian Distribution since
around debconf7 in Edinburgh.

>Bob
>
>Robert D. Hilliard
>hilliard@debian.org

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
http://v7w.com/anibal
"Red Rosa now has vanished too" Bertolt Brecht