Re: [ANN] Debian-Grandfathers project

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 05:02:00PM +0700, Robert Hilliard wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  I'm proud to announce a new born flavour of the Custom Debian Distributions
> >  effort: Debian-Grandfathers.  In analogy to the Debian-Junior project that
> >  has the goal to adopt Debian for the needs of childrean we are now heading
> >  into the other direction.  Debian-Grandfathers is heading at users with the
> >  following features:
> >
> >   - at least 40 years old
> >   - at least one grown up child to be a "potential grandfather"
> >   - forget your password once a month
> >   - pass the new grandfather queue
> >
> >  Technically we try to implement the following changes:
> >
> >   - slow down the mouse in X
> >   - xmag is per default activated
> >   - reduce number of windows on screen to one
> >   - if sound enabled than maximum volume
>
> I am 81 years old, and have one grandchild.
>
> I find your post highly offensive.
>
> Bob
>
> Robert D. Hilliard
> hilliard@debian.org
Instead of using the term 'grandfather' maybe reframe it as a project to
meet a specific need. Like:
A project for someone who has some dexterity, auditory, memory and
vision problems, Basically it may fall under 'accessibilty' in some
aspects.

hope that explains,
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|