Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Anyway 2Q is too much in my opinion. Q would be much more reasonable.
>
> See my reply to Bernd why I think its not.

It seems like most people who responded preferred Q up to now. It might
end up as an amendment otherwise. :)

> > It would be also be good to add a sentence inviting the seconders to
> > explain why they second the proposal. At least it would make the many
> > formal mails to second proposals somewhat interesting to read
> > (they could even be linked from the vote web page so that voters who have
> > not taken part in the discussion can refer to the reasoning of those who
> > have brought the option to the vote).
>
> As a must or as a should? A should would probably work.

A should. There's no point forcing anyone to justify his acts, but it's
better if he does IMO.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog