Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

Dear all,

since it is rare that a GR is rejected by a majority of persons ranking
"Further discussion" above all, I do not think that there is a need to make it
more difficult to propose a GR. Nevertheless, in light of the painful firmware
GR this year, I think that the following ideas can help to avoid such a
situation to happen again.

- Restrict the use of 3:1 supermajority to GRs proposing changes of our fundation
  documents.

- Authorise the proposer of a GR to call for a vote on a subset of the amendments.

- Authorise the Secretary to use non-email methods, as email voting seems to be
  is a repeated source of problems. Programs like Selectricity look like
  interesting alternative (http://selectricity.org/).

- Ask the GR proposer to take part of the work load, for instance by gathering
  and counting the PGP-signed secondings and writing the vote.debian.org page.

If despite this the Project would require ~15 seconders per GR and amendments,
I suggest to think about a new place and/or method to handle the formal
PGP-signed emails of the GR preparation procedure, otherwise debian-vote can
really become unreadable.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy