Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >> Therefore the Debian project resolves that
> >>  a) The constitution gets changed to not require K developers to sponsor
> >>     a resolution, but floor(2Q). [see §4.2(1)]
> > not sure if we need floor(2Q) here, but at least floor(Q).
>
> It is 2Q as I do want a seperation to the one in b) (to stop a
> delegate/DPL/the TC). And I dislike going below Q for any option, so b)
> has the lower, Q, and a is 2Q.
> Besides, its only 30 people with floor(2Q)...

I'd find 1.5Q more palatable.

30 people is not much when you compare it with 1000.  But the ammount of
people that are interested enough in Debian processes to actually notice
there is something they would like to "second" is a lot less...

In fact, while I find floor(1.5Q) acceptable, I'd rather have it at
floor(Q).

> > d) If a resolution will affect an upcoming release which is already frozen,
> > the resolution needs twice the number of sponsors as defined in a).
>
> While I dislike the GR we just had so short before release I don't think
> making a special case for a release is good. If it is I want a special

Agreed.

  Henrique Holschuh