giving @debian.org mail addresses to voting contributors

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:35:33PM +0200, Didier Raboud wrote:
> Why not @people.debian.org ? It represents pretty good what thoses
> eventual "contributors" would: the _people_ who make Debian.

In fact, I've already argued in this thread that @whatever.debian.org
will need nevertheless to share the namespace with @debian.org
domain. (I.e., I don't want someone to steal "my"
zack@contributor.debian.org, nor a contributor probably won't to
change nickname if he eventually becomes full blown DD.)

As a consequence of that reasoning, why not giving plain @debian.org
mail addresses to voting contributors?

Ubuntu does something similar and AFAIK it is very appreciated by
contributors of that community. I don't see why we shouldn't do that
as well (unless people object my "same namespace" arguments of
course...).

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right