Re: NEW queue

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:49:25PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> New assistants - well. I called for help some time ago. Got *very few*
> replies of which even less matched the expectations (in terms of what
> they volunteer for, limiting yourself to just one kind of work wasn't
> (and isn't) what we look(ed) for). From the rest that volunteered we got
> one new ftpteam member, one resigned and another one is still in
> evaluation.

I guess you are talking about this mail:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/05/msg00012.html

I understand FTP-master tasks require some knowledge and skills, so it is not
a task everybody in the project can do. But in that mail, about the end
of the email, the caveats part says:

 - We keep the right to refuse *any* candidate for whatever reason.

That is not exaclty encouraging. So think maybe you are doing something wrong
when calling and accepting candidates.

Ana