Re: Debian and non-free

Clint Adams wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 02:33:15PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
Is it really worth it?  Are we really losing developers or users by not
being endorsed by the FSF?

It is worth it regardless of what the FSF thinks.  The current situation
is hypocritical and shameful.  I'm not proud of the doublespeak; are
you?

hmmm, I see non-free.org only an additional name, which permit
better separation of Debian components, and thus less confusion of our
users.
But I always understood that non-free will remain part of the Debian
project (until we provide free alternative), so I don't think we
solve the hypocritical side of the question.

ciao
	cate

PS: I think the only way to solve the problem is to have free
alternatives. The non-free.org is IMHO a step to better distinguish
non-free software and to push more people to write alternatives.