Re: transfering files between *.debian.org hosts (was: people.debian.org to move to ravel)

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 06:48:57PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >         + once we have a krb realm we could maybe also use it for other
> >           stuff like all those web services that require logins.  How
> >           good is krb support in browsers these days?

> Pretty good. Konqueror supports it out of the box, iceweasel only
> requires you to edit the 'network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris'
> about:config variable, and then it works well, too. Dunno about other
> browsers.

> (for some infathomable reason, the firefox developers consider Negotiate
> authentication to be unsafe with untrusted and/or non-SSL hosts. Dunno
> why that is, and never saw a compelling argument...)

And what do the iceweasel developers think?  Perhaps iceweasel could have
this enabled by default?  (Or are there other negotiations besides Kerberos
that are enabled with this setting, which should be avoided?)