[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: DEP1: Non Maintainer Uploads (final call for review)

On Wed, August 20, 2008 14:14, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Say stable and testing have 1.0-1. Sid has 1.0-2.
> stable-security has 1.0-1+etch1 The maintainer wants to upload something to
> t-p-u. If we had a codename that sorted before etch we would be screwed.

I don't think we're "screwed", rather that we need to use a custom
solution in a rare case, which I don't find objectionable if it means we
can keep a working system for the vast majority of existing cases.

Of course changing it is not the end of the world but I'm not quite
convinced it's a needed change. Still, I think that the deb41=5.0 point is
a real regression to the current system. If we can solve that I'm not
objecting to changing the scheme if people so desire.

So if we can just agree that the version number of Debian n+1 will always
be decided before the release of n, my most important concern is
addressed. Can we do that?


Reply to: