Re: DEP1: Non Maintainer Uploads (final call for review)

Le Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:56:14AM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :

> My concept of the package changelog is to give a chronological account of
> the changes that happened to the package.

Hi Thijs,

isn't it anyway impossible to represent linearly the life tree of a
package? Imagine that the version in Sid and Experimental evolve a few
rounds in parallel: when the experimental branch is finally used for
uploads to Sid, some changelog entries will be lost. Same for updates to
Testing and Stable, as well for non-acknowledged NMUs. It is for sure
important to know what Debian distributed at a given time, but I can't
think of an easy way to use the Debian changelog to hold all the
information.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
(hearing whispers saying that a git repository would to the job)