Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

On ma, 2008-02-25 at 17:54 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2008.bluespice.org> writes:
> > Sorry for not having the time to read that thread, but just a quick idea:
> > how about keeping yearly elections and introduce a 2 year period of the DPL
> > in that way, that the new elected DPL is second in charge (2IC) or vice-DPL.
> > That way the new DPL can slightly take over the business and the old DPL can
> > assist later when the new DPL is swamped with work.
>
> This looks like an interesting proposal. It would be nice to get Sam
> and previous DPLs comment on it.

>From Martin Michlmayr from the message I quoted:

        it's much harder to make a two-year commitment and from personal
        experience I can tell you that being DPL takes a lot of energy
        and time.  I think a year is good and if the person wants to do
        it again they can simply stand for re-election.

Martin commented on the proposal of making the DPL sit for two years. I
would assume (as a potential candidate) that I would be hesitant to run
for a two year period even if one year was as 2IC or vice-DPL: the
commitment is still for two years, and it's almost as big a commitment
as two years as full DPL would be.