Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> wrote:
DPL elections
-------------

  The new DPL term is in almost 2 months, but campaign starts next
month [4]. I have already stated that I would not run again, and haven't
changed my mind. As many, many Debian developers are attending FOSDEM, I
hope you can use some real-life meeting time to discuss the people you
think would make good DPLs and tell them. Maybe they haven't thought of
running (or re-running).

  Being DPL does have an impact on your real life. If you are still
wondering whether to run, or have any personal questions, feel free to
ask me, I'll gladly share my experience.

I'm still wondering if Debian would benefit itself more from a longer DPL term. It probably would.

--
David Moreno - http://www.damog.net/
Yes, you can.