Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:58:14PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Personally, I think DEP should go to d-d-a *once accepted* (dunno about
> obsoleted, maybe as well), but initial drafts should go to either
> debian-devel (DEP touches development, I assume this will be the vast
> majority of DEPs, also the case for most examples from DEP0), or
> debian-project (DEP does not touch development, the `finding
> sponsorship' example from DEP0 and DEP0 itself).

If acquiring DEP numbers is to be done by posting to a mailing list, then
they all need to go to the same mailing list.

I agree that a VCS would be nicer for atomicity, or a system that allows you
to submit a DEP and get back an assigned number; but as long as the "atomic
increment" is via a mailing list, it's fairly important that they all be on
the same mailing list, and best that it be a mailing list that people
actually use. :)