Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

On 16/01/08 at 13:41 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>
>> Lars Wirzenius, Stefano Zacchiroli and myself are trying to introduce
>> the concept of Debian Enhancement Proposals,
>
> Well done!
>
> I have only one comment (for the moment):
>
>> Creating a DEP
>> --------------
>>
>> The procedure to create a DEP is simple: send an e-mail to
>> `debian-project@lists.debian.org`, stating that you're taking the next
>
> I think the initial mail should be sended to debian-devel-announce
> because there might be a lot of interested people who do not read
> debian-project.  At least I feel DEP0 should go initially to dda.

Or maybe, it could be "the list that the drivers prefer, with
debian-project@ Cced"?

Some minor DEPs probably won't need a mail to d-d-a before they are
accepted. And having draft DEPs announced on d-d-a might be confusing:
some people might confuse them with accepted DEPs.