Re: [Fwd: Re: using debian project name to solicit donations]

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008, Tobias Rundström wrote:

> Sorry about the confusion, we are just a happy bunch of debian
> advocates that happens to have a shell machine. I put the paypal
> donation link up for the users on the machine to use for new spare
> parts. If you find it offensive I will remove the debian logo from the
> site. Note that no donations where made by anyone that I don't know
> personally so no "fraud" has taken place here.

   Hi Tobias, and thanks for replying. As I told Thomas (who apparently
removed the donation link), you are free to use the Debian logo almost
anywhere (see our webpage for more information; and in the near future,
the logo usage policy will be even more free), and a donation link is
OK as well. What was fishy was just having both with no mention of what
the donations were for.

Cheers,
--
Sam.