Re: Planet policy?

I'm not sure why I seem to keep falling into the role of defending Ian
being on planet Debian, but then I don't really understand why people
keep trying to remove him for the most minor infractions[1].

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I agree on disabling his blog since it has nothing related to Debian
> on it, anymore.

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/07/21/how-package-management-changed-everything/
Hint: contains the words "apt-get" and "Debian".

> But yes, I do think that we should at least try to keep planet without
> much noise otherwise it'll get boring to read and lose its meaning.

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/07/23/what-a-week/
This doesn't seem particularly boring, especially when it's happening to the
*founder of Debian*. I think that if Ian had happened to be one of the people
sadly killed in that explosion, the whole project would still be in mourning.

Ian could take up pig farming and blog about nothing else, and I'd still
consider his posts on topic for Planet Debian. Whether he likes it or not,
he's inextricably linked with Debian.

--
see shy jo

[1] http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/debian_founder_not_allowed_on_planet_debian.html