Re: Need of non-germany-tree in Debian?

Malte Hahlbeck wrote:
> Today the upper House of the German Parliament (Bundesrat)
> decided to declare Security Software like nmap, nessus etc.
> illegal in a way that the software itself and not it's
> criminal use is indictable. That is no Joke. This Law will
> be active when it is published. That should last a few
> weeks.
>
> What would be the consequence? Will there be the need of a
> non-germany-tree in the Debian Repositories? This question
> is no joke.

Modifying the archive structure for every broken law is not
a viable option. This is mostly a mirror problem, but we need
easy ways to provide mirror operators the means to opt-out content
potentially harmful to a given jurisdiction.

PS: Funny/scary side aspect: The German minister of justice,
who's behind this law was asked by kid reporters about the
internet; she doesn't even know what a web browser is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1xs1jDcis (German language)
(Use youtube-dl and mplayer to watch this with free software)

Cheers,
        Moritz