Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7 [was Re: Social committee proposal]

* Ian Jackson (ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk) [070627 23:31]:
> Raphael Hertzog writes ("Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7 [was Re: Social committee proposal]"):
> > AFAIR, the consensus was that:
> > - by default, every 2 years the project has to reapprove individually each
> >   member of the soc-ctte. This gives the project an opportunity to recall
> >   members who are judged as no more representative or whatever.
> >   Reapproving probably means having more ranking above NOTA than rankings
> >   below NOTA. Maybe we should make that ratio 66%.
>
> I remember 1 year rather than 2 but it doesn't make much difference.

Actually, we had two different voting systems with different time
ranges:

Either "normal" voting with 2 years (though voting every year, but only
on half of the people), or approval voting every year. Basically, voting
every year is ok, but we want to avoid having too large changes
happening to the people to "keep the knowledgebase intact". (As with
approval voting, that goal is reached different, so we can vote every
year on everyone, and not only on half of the people.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/