Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7 [was Re: Social committee proposal]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On the other hand, a single social committee provides for a body which will
> be by and large neutral towards all lists (it will apply the same reasoning
> towards all).

... if the committee isn't too big. I don't expect "early warnings" to be
approved by a majority of the ctte members before they are sent out.
Otherwise this team will never do anything. On the other hand, since such
notices are always cced to the ctte, I expect some internal discussions at
the beginning to discuss what warrants a warning and what doesn't (and how
to properly draft them).

However for more important decisions (list ban, etc.), there must be an
internal vote in order to provide some confidence that the decision was
the right one.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog