Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 01:02:53PM +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > I feel we're really missing most sorely list-admin teams who will take
> > care of the social fabric of one list each and are empowered to make
> > limited short-term changes to preserve it, including updating the list
> > info pages and small posting bans.  We should prioritise those sorts
> > of bottom-up change over a top-down soc-ctte.
>
> I agree. Most of the problems with bad social interaction can be
> solved by quick and non-intrusive private intervention from an
> authoritative party. Small list-admin teams would have the following
What is the difference between 'a list admin' and 'a small list admin
team' in this situation? Also, why wouldn't (it be the duty of a DD/it
be in the interest of a DD) to make such notification to an offending
individual in private and to CC another officlal (list admin, DPL,
soc-ctte leader,etc.) so that the official can be alerted and if
necessary make the suspension or other appropriate action?

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|