Re: Micros*ft deal

Hi!

* Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [070621 09:40]:

> > Actually, it's totally unthinkable that a non-profit organization could do
> > this kind of deal, in which Microsoft pays you to perform hara-kiri by
> > losing the right to distribute GPLv3 software.  This is exactly what a
> > positioning statement would reflect: that our community model is
> > invulnerable to this kind of threats (and also to going out of bussiness,
> > etc).
> It would probably not be the worst idea to publish a position statement.

I would to see some kind of statement, too.

I think we should at least come up with a (general) position statement
about patent (including, why we consider our position not a thread for
our users).  Such a statement wouldn't need to mention MS in any way, if
that's wished.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander