Re: A bit of history

On 13/06/2007, at 8:35 PM, Linas Žvirblis wrote:

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

I guess that depends on what you consider "joined".  You might also
consider your first posting to a Debian mailing list. Or possible, your
first contribution (e.g., bug submission or patch submission).

I would define it like this:

1. Started using - the moment one installed his/her first Debian system.
2. Joined community - first post to the mailing list; most probably
   asking for advice or providing advice to somebody else.
3. Got involved - submitted first bug report, or provided additional
   information for existing bug report, submitted a patch.
3. Became a contributor/maintainer - packaged software, joined a team,
   signed up as NM.
4. Officially joined - passed NM.

5. Fully-fledged Debian Developer - main protagonist in flamewar on debian-devel mailing list (bonus points if main adversary is one of mjg59, asuffield, Overfiend, cas, Manoj, TBBSG or Bruce). 6. Debian Legend - flounced out of project after flamewar on debian- devel mailing list (bonus points if you *are* one of those listed above).

Heh. Makes me think we need a Debian version of the Purity Test...

Cheers,

Nick