Re: A bit of history

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:09:19AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> So, I suspsect that I crafted the modemu changelog manually and had either a
> braino or a typo.

Common in those days, ISTR. It predates dch (from devscripts); I think the
only alternative was the changelog mode for emacs.

It's amazing how little things like dch (and all of devscripts in fact)
make maintaining packages so much easier. Our newer maintainers might be
horrified to hear that we didn't have build-depends back then; the dpkg
changelog shows they were added Christmas day (!) 1999. And apt was only
created in 1998.

> This has been interesting.

Yikes I'm up to 10 years in the next month or two also..

Hamish